Dental Bonding in Alpharetta, GA
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a popular way to improve the appearance of your smile, and is a popular alternative to veneers. Instead of covering teeth with a porcelain shell, dental bonding uses resin to reshape your smile or cover damage like chipped teeth or stains and discoloration.
An etching solution is first applied to your teeth to give the resin something to stick to. The composite resin is then placed and shaped to match surrounding teeth, giving you a brand-new smile. While porcelain veneers require at least two visits to complete, dental bonding can be completed in one.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
- As only one visit is needed to apply the resin, this is a great quick fix if you need to improve a tooth’s appearance in a hurry.
- Dental bonding can be matched to the color of the rest of your teeth, making it look very natural.
- Dental bonding is generally much less expensive than porcelain veneers.
Considerations for Dental Bonding
While dental bonding can be a great option for some patients, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The resin used in dental bonding will only last for around five years, compared to around ten for veneers.
- Dental bonds are more porous than porcelain veneers. Patients who smoke or drink a lot of coffee, tea, or other such beverages may struggle with staining.
- The resin used in dental bonding is not as strong as your teeth’s natural enamel, so patients might find that dental bonds chip or break over time.
If you’re having trouble deciding whether porcelain veneers or dental bonding is the best option for you, give our office a call to book an appointment with our Alpharetta, GA today!